Thursday, June 23, 2011

klout-do you have it?

Last night, as it often happens, I got taken away on a journey of clicks and links as I was browsing the internet. This time I was being introduced to Klout. What is Klout?

"The Klout Score is the measurement of your overall online influence. The scores range from 1 to 100 with higher scores representing a wider and stronger sphere of influence. Klout uses over 35 variables on Facebook and Twitter to measure True Reach, Amplification Probability, and Network Score."

To understand many of these terms better, visit Klout and poke around. I also encourage you to sign up and learn your own Klout score. The breakdowns are amazing and it shows how other people in your networks compare. Here is an example from my own Influence Report:

I am an admitted newbie to this site and have a very limited grasp right now on what it can offer and what it can do. I do know I want to learn more. One more tidbit from the Klout blog...


"Today, we’re proud to announce that we’re partnering with Involver to allow brands to provide customized experiences to their Facebook fans based on Klout Scores. Besides the number of fans, brands know surprisingly little about who those people are, their potential reach, and have little ability to message them individually. Now, with this partnership, brands can choose to give different offers, promotions, or messaging to fans based on their Klout".

Wow. You had better believe I have my eye on this.

What's your Klout score?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments ::HERE::